WKRECC COVID Debt Assistance
In March, West Kentucky Rural Electric Cooperative suspended disconnects for non-payment. We felt it was important to provide temporary emergency relief for members who suddenly found themselves in financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since then we have worked with hundreds of members to help them find public assistance, and set up manageable re-payment plans. We have continually encouraged our members to pay whatever they could to help avoid larger balances later.
Now, seven months later, we are taking the necessary step of joining other Kentucky electric utilities in resuming disconnects for non-payment the week of Oct. 27.
We have payment options for members who are behind on their bill. Please, call and talk with customer service to set up a plan BEFORE disconnects resume.
Many members will qualify for financial assistance. Click “Payment Assistance” below to see a list of agencies that may be able to help.
Click below to see the payment options for both traditional and prepay accounts.
If you have an outstanding balance on your traditional account, here is an overview of the options available.
- Reach out to West Kentucky Allied Services to see if you qualify for financial assistance BEFORE setting up any arrangements.
- Select one of the following options
- Option 1: Pay the outstanding balance in full.
- Option 2: Change to a prepay account. If you have a deposit on your account, the deposit will be credited against the outstanding balance. The remaining balance will roll into debt assist (75/25). You will be required to pay $50 to establish a credit in the prepay account.
- Option 3: To stay on traditional billing, set up a loan for the amount of the outstanding balance.
- Your loan will be set up with equal monthly payments. The length of the loan will depend on the amount of your outstanding balance. Loan payments MUST be paid in addition to your regular monthly bill.
- You must sign the loan agreement. This can be done virtually.
- If you miss an installment payment and the account goes into collection, you have two options to remain connected or to be reconnected:
- Pay the entire past due balance
- Move to prepay under the current prepay rules
Call West Kentucky Rural Electric at 1-877-495-7322 during business hours or use the button below to request a callback.
For PrePay accounts with outstanding balances to avoid being disconnected, you MUST:
- Contact West Kentucky RECC as soon as possible and prior to Oct. 27. Call 1-877-495-7322 during business hours or use the contact button below to request a return call
- Agree to move outstanding balance to Debt Assist (75/25)
- Pay $35 to secure a credit balance in the account (payment required, Debt Assist not available)
IF the member fails to contact West Kentucky Rural Electric BEFORE the disconnect process is complete, they will be required to pay the $15 reconnect fee in addition to the $35 balance.
To contact West Kentucky Rural Electric, call 1-877-495-7322 during business hours or use the contact button to request a callback.