Existing Meter

If there is an existing meter on your property, please follow these steps to get your service started.

Complete a membership application.

Service/Membership applications must be completed even if you already are a WKRECC member at another location.

Bring your completed service/membership application to one of our offices (Benton, Murray, Mayfield). *If you are out of town during this process, please call us at 270-247-1321 to arrange receipt of your application.

When you visit our office, be prepared to provide a photo ID and the deed or rental agreement for the property. Please also be prepared to provide the service address (if not identified on the deed) and the meter number at the property (meter numbers are five-digit numbers beginning in KY-50 and are located on the face of your meter).

Membership fees and connection fees are due at this time. Deposits may be required on residential properties based on the members’ credit rating. On commercial properties, the required deposit is equal to two months of estimated usage.

Once you have visited our office and submitted the necessary information, West Kentucky RECC will normally have your power on by the close of the following business day. Factors that may affect our ability to connect your service include weather and workload, but service will be connected as soon as possible after your visit.